Even nowadays, heterosexual Bulgarians have more than 300 rights that people of other sexual orientations do not have.
(Source provided by Deystvie)
Thus there is still a part of Bulgarians that is not free.
LGBTI+ persons may be deprived of the following rights:
- The right to visit your partner in hospital;
- The right to donate tissues, organs and cells that may be life-saving to them (this is only available to people married to each other);
- You are not entitled to your partner's death certificate because you do not have a legally recognised relationship;
- You are not allowed to adopt a child together;
- Even if you get married abroad, the marriage will not be recognised in Bulgaria;
The list does not end here... Learn More.